Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | RSS | More
In addition to mentoring hundreds of small business owners, publishing Artella magazine, and authoring hundreds of online workshops and courses, Marney Makridakis‘ first book, Creating Time: Using Creativity to Reinvent the Clock and Reclaim Your Life, was published by New World Library in 2012, and hit #1 on Amazon’s bestseller lists in several categories.
Marney is also the founder of the ARTbundance approach to self-discovery through creativity. Since 2009, the ARTbundance Certification Training Program (ACT) has trained over 300 coaches and practitioners in her techniques, and is the result of her deep desire to help creatively minded people design a successful business rooted in true passion, personal joy, and creative meaning.
A graduate of Duke University, Marney playfully hops, skips, and jumps in Dallas, Texas, with her wonderful husband and their wise and adventurous young son, Kai. She names these things as being essential to her creative well-being: the color orange, poetic novels, singing loudly, daily naps, the love of a good man, and hero worship of Mary Poppins.
Hop, Skip, Jump: 75 Ways to Playfully Manifest a Meaningful Life:
We habitually view work and play as mutually exclusive opposites. But what if we didn’t? What if we could manifest whatever our heart desires from a place of fun, joy, and ease? What if having more fun could mean getting more done?
In Hop, Skip, Jump: 75 Ways to Playfully Manifest a Meaningful Life (New World Library, November 15, 2014), creativity expert and bestselling author Marney Makridakis presents a blueprint for melding work and play into a single approach and shows how doing so can transform every aspect of our lives — from work to health to family to money, and beyond.
For more information on Marney and her work, visit http://artellaland.com.
In my high-energy, in-depth chat with Marney, we discuss:
- Her new book Hop, Skip, Jump: 75 Ways to Playfully Manifest a Meaningful Life.
- “It’s great to talk about theory. But what does it all mean if we don’t at least TRY to apply it to our own lives.”
- Her passion: blending play and productivity. “There are lots of books about it, but most of them aren’t very playful!”
- What are Play Portals and how do they help us shift/move towards something different?
- “The self-improvement industry says ‘Let’s work hard at improving ourselves. Work hard at mindfulness. Apply ourselves!’ But it’s important to remember that it can be easy as well.”
- The actual definition of Manifest: “to make visible what’s already there.”
- How does she define Meaning and how does she bring more of it into her life?
- How do you get freedom and joy with a life of “to do lists” and responsibilities?
- The crucial concept of reframing and energetically upshifting words that might be daunting.
- “What can shift when laughter and joy come into a paradigm that is rigid and stiff?”
- Are you a HOPPER, a SKIPPER, or a JUMPER? How can you tell?
- Strategies for making the most out of and knowing when to move on from each stage.
- Artella Land and how she become an eProduct pioneer by accident.
- How this concept came to her 10 years ago watching Cirque de Soleil. “I thought this is how I want to feel all the time!”
- How would she define a life lived on purpose? “One in which the enchantment of being human and being fully alive is known and is shown.”