Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | RSS | More
About Bernie Siegel:
Dr. Bernie Siegel is a sought-after speaker and media presence and the author of more than a dozen books, which have sold more than 1.5 million copies! They include the blockbuster Love, Medicine, and Miracles; Peace, Love, and Healing; and 365 Prescriptions for the Soul.
Bernie first wrote about miracles when he was a practicing surgeon and pioneered Exceptional Cancer Patients, a groundbreaking synthesis of group, individual, dream, and art therapy. His safe and loving approach facilitated patients’ awareness of their own physical, spiritual, and psychological healing potential.
Compiled during his more than thirty years of practice as well as his speaking and teaching events, the new paperback edition of his book A Book of Miracles (published by New World Library) offers a cross-section of the healing and miracles he has personally seen and facilitated. The book is dvided into fifteen sections, each consisting of stories of miracles, pertinent quotes, anecdotes and his personal reflections.
For more information on Dr. Bernie Siegel, visit: http://berniesiegelmd.com.
In this inspirational conversation, Bernie and I discuss the new paperback edition of Book of Miracles and MUCH more, including:
- What are the conditions for a miracle to occur? “Finding a sense of harmony and inner peace in your life.”
- “IF you’re willing to ask yourself, ‘What am I to learn from this experience? What is this teaching me?’ Then your unconscious will direct you to the right place.”
- A recent New York Times article: What if age is nothing but a mindset?
- “George Halas once said: ‘It’s only work if there’s someplace else you’d rather be.'”
- On Giving: “If I am giving… if I am choosing life… If I’m asked to be on your program and I see it as a way of helping others, then I say yes, I want to do that. It then ends up being good for me and good for everyone. It’s life enhancing.”
- On Consciousness: “I see it as the immortal aspect of creation of human beings. I feel that what we call past lives is really you and I having an awareness of the consciousness that has preceded us.”
- Carl Jung on creation. “We are provided bodies to attend school. In order to participate in life and learn. And so the consciousness comes with us.”
- The questions he struggled with as a doctor: “Why do we have all these problems? Why all these diseases”
- His art sessions in the late 1970s with Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
- How reading Solzhenitsyn’s Cancer Ward, which documented cases of self-induced healing changed things for him.
- The benefits of laughter vs. the tragic effects of lonliness on the immune system.
- Miracles as potential. “Earnest Holmes said, ‘What if Jesus was the only normal person who ever lived?'”
- On Disease: “It’s not just something happening to us, it’s how we confront life and the message we’re giving our body. I see this over and over.”
- The importance of dealing with the painful experiences of our childhood.
- “The opposite of love isn’t stress. It is indifference, rejection, and abuse. And they create the stress.”
- Book The Energy Cure by William Bengston, who has cured mice of cancer.
- The Placebo Effect and the power of words to both heal and hurt patients
- His gratitude mantra: “Thank you everything. I have no complaint whatsoever. I am happy, I am healthy, I love my life and family. I am content with what I have. I rejoice in the way things are. Nothing is lacking. The whole world belongs to me.”
- How Bernie lives his own life on purpose and what he’s learned from his wife, who’s had MS for the past 50 years.
- His book The Art of Healing, which includes 60 drawings and exercises in visualization.
- Emily Dickinson: “Hope is not a statistic. It isn’t false. If you have it, it’s real!”